Classes are over, homework is over, language mentor program is over, deaf events are over, internship is almost over, testing is ov----oh, wait....that's still coming! Monday my day is completely open aside from a mentor meeting in the evening with Trenton. Tuesday I'm scheduled for my last internship hours and my last mentor appointment with Clay. Wednesday is completely open and Thursday before my test is open. Friday we have graduation and lunch and that ends the program! Wow! I can hardly believe it's here!
Today I spent some time working on my responses to ethical scenarios and interpreting some random presentations I found on the web. There was one presentation I did that was on the NIC practice DVD. It was ridiculously hard! As I interpreted it, I felt like it was awful but I kept going and tried my best. However, during the interpretation I couldn't help but think that I hope there's not something like that on the test because it would cause me to fail. But when I watched the recording, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was! I did drop some details and struggle with it because the subject matter was difficult, required a lot of fingerspelling, and the speaker spoke 200 mph! But, what I did put out was coherent and the missing information wasn't vital, so I think I would still get a pass! I'm glad that happened actually because it will help me when I encounter something challenging on the test. I can have confidence that what I'm putting out will be better than how I'm feeling in the moment.
Prayer requests:
1. There's a huge fire on the mountain south of SLC. Several people from the church I've been attending have had to evacuate their houses. Over 1200 homes have been evacuated! Several have burned already. Please pray for those effected by this.
2. My biggest concern at this point is the ethical scenarios I worked on today. I'm going to do some every day to try to get a better handle on it. Not sure if I mentioned what I have to do so forgive me if I have.....I watch someone sign an ethical situation, get to read it in English, and then the timer starts counting down from 5 minutes. In that five minutes I have to formulate an answer and sign my response. I do have a framework to make sure I cover everything that needs to be included in my answer and I can come up with it all but my problem is the time limit. I'm a slow processor and I like to have the best answer. I'm having to get over the best answer and just go with a reasonable answer but it's still difficult to do it so quickly and with confidence. So please pray that I will be able to respond quickly, thoroughly, and confidently to these situations. There will be five of them on the test.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dianne,
ReplyDeleteYou can count on me to be praying! We'll be meeting Thursday night at Josh's house, so we'll be sure to lift you up in prayer. Thank you for sharing your requests and concerns with us. It helps all of us know better how to pray.
God has had HIS hand on you through all of this. He won't let you down now!
Looking forward to being together in a few weeks!
Love in Christ,
Karen