This time tomorrow I will be in the home stretch of taking my exam! I can't believe it's almost time!! My biggest concern is still the ethical interview. I've been practicing it a lot and trying to come up with creative ways to help me remember various aspects of it. I will work on it some more tomorrow before the exam as I don't think it will hurt and it certainly could help. That's what I did for my mentor appointment with Clay last night. We talked some of it through and then I signed them with the five minute time limit like I will have to do in the text. He felt like my reasoning was solid, presentation good, and I stayed within the time limit. Today though I felt like I struggled more. I don't know if it was more pressure (in a good way) having him there watch me or if the situations were easier for me to think through that caused last night to be better.
So please pray:
-- I would think through the situations from various perspectives and not get stuck in just one perspective. I will lose points if I have a "rigid" viewpoint.
--I will be able to stay within the time limit
--I'll remember all the related information. I can't take anything in with me but I can start making notes as soon as I'm in the room. I have the practice DVD and am going to watch the instructions on that tomorrow before I go to the test. That way I don't have to pay attention to that during the test and can make notes.
I've had a good, relaxing day here at the apt. I was going to go for a walk but it rained. So I've stayed in and gotten many things done.....renewing my interpreting license, purchasing insurance for my interpreting, studying, catching up with friends.....I didn't even get dressed until 2:30! ;P Some are going over to Clay's house for some fun in an hour. I can't decide if I should go or not...I'd love to but don't know when we'd get back and want to be wise about my sleep. I can sleep in tomorrow though.....hmmm....decisions, decisions!
Thanks for being on this journey with me and for all your prayers as everything comes to a close. It has been an awesome experience and I've learned so much professionally and personally. I'm excited to come home!! I've had some calls about working once I'm home so I hope I get to put my skills to work soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment