So Thursday morning I had a meeting with the rater who analyzed my assessment from Sorenson's Professional Development department. I was a little concerned about getting results a week before my certification exam. Remember I said I didn't feel like it was my best work, so my expectations weren't high. I was pleasantly surprised, however. If I did that well on a bad day, I'd like to see a good day! :) Hopefully this Thursday will be that good day!
The rater didn't see any major problems with my interpreting and said that my strengths are in the knowledge rich areas (more complex parts of ASL) and my weaknesses are in the knowledge lean areas (easier to fix). She also said that my ASL to English skills were better than my English to ASL, which I found very interesting because I thought it was the other way around! She pointed out that by being able to take ASL and put it into my native tongue, it shows that I have a good understanding of sign language and that my ability to produce it will become more fluent with time and practice.
So the results actually help me feel more confident going into my test Thursday. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As your fellow students continually tell you:
ReplyDelete"YOU ROCK!", and I believe you'll "rock" this Thursday when you take your Nat'l Certification.