Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Buffalo!

This morning I got to have a VP chat with my former professors, Keith & James. It was really good to see them! Then I did some more ethical scenarios and other practice. I feel like I improved on my ethical scenarios some today but still have room to improve even more. So keep praying about that! I forgot to mention that they gave each apt a rental car on Friday. We get to keep it all week! :) So this afternoon three of us took advantage of that.

We drove to Antelope Island in hopes of seeing buffalo.....yes, I know one would expect to see antelope there or have the island called Buffalo Island. We saw LOTS of buffalo! It was so much fun to get out and see some nature. 

Tonight I had my last mentor meeting with Trenton, which went really well. I showed him the recording I did yesterday that was so ridiculously hard. He confirmed that what I did put out was coherent and understandable and that my composure was good. Inside I felt like I was harried but thankfully that didn't show. I hope I can do that on my test! He also mentioned that my fingerspelling was very good, which he found a little surprising due to how much there was and how rapid the message was. 

After my meeting, I joined two friends in the apartment complex movie theater and watched "Letters to Juliet."  They even had popcorn! It was a cute movie and nice to just "veg." I came home thinking I'd upload my pictures from the day and hit the hay early. But a friend saw me on Facebook and began chatting. He really needed to talk about some really difficult things going on in his life right now so we chatted for over and hour and then talked on the phone for 20 minutes. I'm thankful I had the time available tonight to be there for him. Would you say a pray for him? I know you don't know who he is or what is going on but God does. 

So it's midnight and I'm going to bed. My first job is 10am tomorrow. It's my last day of internship. I'm looking forward to teaming with Dustin in some unique and challenging situations. Then I'll have my very last mentor meeting {tear :( }. Then I'm completely free until my test Thursday evening.

More pictures of the day can be seen here

No comments:

Post a Comment