It's not even 9:30pm and I'm ready for bed! That's not like me unless I have really early mornings, which I haven't. I think I'm just working so hard thinking and concentrating that it's wearing me out. Still would like to share more depth on some things but just don't have the time or the energy.
My highlight for the weekend was that I got to go to church again and met a few more people this week, including the pastor. (Who told me he had played golf with Jim Kallam about 6 weeks ago!) It's nice when it's a small world.
Today I finished up something I spent all weekend doing. (For my terp pals, it was a gloss of what I signed including all the NMMs and a gloss of what my ideal interpretation would be. It was just like what I did in school with the chart with the six features on the left. TONS of work but really helpful.) Then I met with a Deaf mentor to review my work. I left that meeting feeling like I didn't know much about interpreting or ASL. But I also left reminding myself that I need things pointed out so I can improve. It's expanding my understanding of the language and how various signs and features are used. So I've been teetering on that fence the rest of the day. It's such a struggle to have weaknesses and errors pointed out regularly regardless of how helpful it is. So the title of my blog today is pretty accurate -- I'm spent. Yet I have to leave at 6:40am tomorrow for an internship appointment and keep going all day.
Sorry this is so glum.....it's just what I'm feeling today. Maybe some sleep will help with a fresh perspective. We'll see and I'll come back tomorrow to let you know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm praying for encouragement to help you through the tough days!! You have lots of friends and family that support you and believe in your ability to succeed! You can do it!
ReplyDelete