Saturday, July 17, 2010

Yay for the weekend! :)

Thursday was an extremely busy day with lots of internship hours and homework. Friday wasn't much slower....we had class, went grocery shopping, I had my mentor meeting, and then to a deaf event where we played kickball. I sat out the first game because I was so rushed I had to eat on the way to the game. After the food settled, I played the second game on the condition that someone run for me! :) The week (and the heat -- 103 yesterday) had just zapped my energy. It was fun. My runners and I scored 3 of the 12 points and we won! :) The kids (yes, 20 somethings but still kids to me) were great to play with and very understanding of my limits. Sometimes I feel as if they treat me like they would their mom. (I could be mom to most of them!) I posted some more pictures of the game, mall, mountains, etc.

By the time we got back, I got a shower and unwound, it was 1 before I hit the hay. Surprisingly, I slept until 11 this morning!! I couldn't believe it! But I have nothing scheduled over the weekend and my homework load is reasonable. I have also enjoyed the day so far....just goofing off, touching base with a few people, and a little bit of laundry and kitchen clean up. I'm going to try to get some good work done now and then maybe later after it's a little cooler I'll enjoy some time by the pool. I'm looking forward to church tomorrow too.

Monday starts a new module, so I'm not sure what to expect but I think we have classes three days a week and internship two as a general rule. Off to be productive now!

No comments:

Post a Comment