So it's a holiday weekend.....doesn't feel like it here. If I were home, I'd be looking forward to spending family time at my mom's church's picnic and watching the fireworks. Hmmm.....absolutely love her homemade ice cream and baked beans! Great traditional food!
Here I've been recording videos and re-recording videos trying to get it just right! There are features of ASL that I'm learning new ways to incorporate into my signing, so it can be challenging to think of everything and make it look like it should. I'm not discouraged about it though.....I signed up for this to improve and I know that's what's happening. Most of the others are out seeing movies and hiking. I chose not to go because I will feel better if my work is done first.
I am a little disappointed about missing a holiday with my family. I'm not even sure if I'll get to see fireworks, which I absolutely love! We are dependent on public transportation, which normally isn't a big deal. However no routes run as late as what is needed to get home from fireworks. I'm hoping we'll be able to see them from the apartment complex but I'm trying not to get my hopes up and really just treat it as a normal weekend. I am able to go to church tomorrow, and three other interns are going with me. So I'm looking forward to that.
If you think of it, please pray that this weekend won't be difficult and cause me to be homesick. Similarly, pray for my family in my absence too. They have had to make some big adjustments, and really are still trying to figure out what parts of life look like now that I'm out of the picture. So pray for their adjustment too.
Hope whatever everyone is doing that it is a good time and the holiday is a safe one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment