Monday, July 5, 2010

weekend

So this weekend the thought of a holiday has been pretty non-existent. It's odd being in a different place with different people and a different life! But it's been a good weekend. I got a lot accomplished and feel good to start my week tomorrow. I made four videos and wrote a paper. The paper isn't due until Wednesday, so now I can let it sit a day and come back to it to be sure it's how I want it to be.

I have enjoyed cooking for just myself....Amanda showed me a great website that does all the planning and figuring for you. I was able to put in some personal info to be sure I'm eating the proper number of calories, fat, carbs, etc. It's pretty easy to fix for just one. I'm really excited because my eating has been very healthy for the past three days since I've been following this plan. The foods are plenty, varied and very flavorful, so I don't feel like I'm dieting but I really am! :) So along with my goal of passing my certification test, I've added a goal to come home at least 10 lbs lighter.

I got to go to church today! :) It was very similar to the Video Cafe (my worship venue at our church in Charlotte), so it was like a little taste of home! I've missed two Sundays, so it was really nice to be able to worship in song and hear a thought-provoking , soul-searching message. There wasn't much interaction with church members which was slightly disappointing. The pastor stressed the importance of community in his sermon so I'm sure the fellowship will come. My two friends and I  plan to go back regularly.

This week we start our internships. While I won't be able to share details with you due to confidentiality concerns, I can talk about how I felt or if it's stressful, etc. So far I have about 11 hours scheduled this week, starting mid-week. I will be sent all over the place and to any kind of situation you can imagine. This week will be mostly observation but it will move quickly to interpretation. Please pray for clear thoughts to be able to effectively facilitate communication as well as for insightful feedback from the interpreters I'll be working with so I can learn and continue to improve my skills.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to know what that website is that Amanda shared with you. Bruce and I are wanting to start eating healthier and watching our weight. So if you'd be willing to share, it would be a blessing.

    I continue to pray for you as you are away from your family and "support team". I finally had a chance to catch up on your blog. Sounds like God is carrying you through...day by day, moment by moment. HE IS FAITHFUL! Feel free to email me with specific prayer requests you might not feel comfortable blogging about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen! Yes, sometimes it is moment by moment but He keeps me going!

    The website I mentioned is www.sparkpeople.com. They have a nutrition tab where you can put in your goals and it will create meal plans and even a shopping list for you! It's easy to change out items in a meal or meals. You can also add your own foods in so it tracks them too. It's a really great site!

    ReplyDelete