Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Week 5

Wow! I can't believe it's week 5! I'm finally beginning to feel like some things are becoming more natural! :) I've had some really good interpreting experiences last night and today. It's been very busy still....class, homework and internship yesterday for a grand total of  ~10 hours. Then today was a 12 hour day of internship, homework, mentor meetings.

I am gaining so much insight from my mentors! I have a new interpreting mentor for this two week module. Her name is Marilyn Mitchell. She was on a task force relating to the NIC (National Interpreter Certification test)! My teacher for this module, Debbie Peterson, was also on that task force. So I'm definitely getting exposure to people who are extremely knowledgeable. It's amazing to me that they are here as resources for me and I get to spend time with them one-on-one!

Please pray that I will be able to keep up with this pace without getting worn out or sick....I'm quite tired at the moment but it is almost midnight. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment