Wow! This has been a busy week! Tuesday and Wednesday were almost completely full with classes, events, or homework. I was really frustrated with some homework Tuesday evening. My roommates noticed my disposition and suggested we all work on it together. So that's exactly what we did. It still took quite a bit of time but we helped each other figure it out and in the process laughed so hard we cried! I'm really thankful for supportive, encouraging roommates! :)
I still was up until 1:30 Tuesday night! Wednesday morning came very early.....which is partially why it seemed like a long day. I had hoped to get a nap but did homework instead. I did get to bed at a decent hour though and had a better day today.
This paragraph is for my Deaf/interpreting friends....others will be lost.....It's amazing the people I've been exposed to since I've been here! Last week Marty Taylor and Carol Patrie observed some of our classes and our application videos. I'm not sure why but they were doing some kind of research.....maybe to see the skills of ITP grads. This week one of our classes was taught by Trenton Marsh, CDI. He's apparently one of the best in the nation. Today I had the opportunity to sit and watch my work with him and get his feedback. What an awesome opportunity!
My eyes have been much better the last two days. Thanks for praying about that! My receptive skills (watching ASL) have improved too and I'm not struggling as much to catch what's being said. Still have to really pay attention due to the speed but getting much more of it now! :) I've teased that since I'm a Southerner everyone just signs too fast for me! ;P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Like I keep saying and you keep proving: YOU'RE AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteAs for what you said about being a "southerner" and everyone signing "too fast"...wasn't that the same issue you had with professors at Cedarville College (yankees spoke so fast you had to take class notes in shorthand)?
:)