Brad made it! :) It wasn't looking so good for a little bit, but he made it. Albeit, he had to go from Charlotte to Detroit to Phoenix to Salt Lake City! There is a more direct route but there weren't any seats on it. We had 25 hours together.....by the time he gets home, the poor guy will have traveled almost as long as he got to be here! Sure makes his momma feel loved! It really didn't look like he'd make it back home.....there were 40 standbys and 9 seats! His next connection was tight but he made that too. He's mid-air as I type -- somewhere between Phoenix & Boston. He shouldn't have any trouble getting home from Boston. :) I think the fact that he made flights that looked impossible both coming and going shows that it's a God thing he made it! Thank you, God!!!
We had a lot of fun hanging out, playing games, eating out, showing him around, showing him off, going to church and playing putt-putt. Things worked out great too.....We travel by taxi for our assignments, events, etc. Just this week we were informed that we can use the cabs for personal errands a limited number of times each week. So I didn't have to rent a car in order for us to get around. The pastor of the church I'm attending out here graciously offered a place for Brad to stay so we didn't have to worry about a hotel either.
It was just so great to spend time with him! It was really hard to put him in a cab and send him back to the airport. I wanted to just focus on the time we had together and not be sad he was leaving but no matter what I did, I couldn't stop the tears when he left. After some time and a good conversation with Amanda and then Mark, I felt much better. Mark jokingly said that maybe he shouldn't come visit me because he wouldn't want me to be upset when he left. When I told him I thought about that, he quickly said he was just teasing! I wasn't but I decided it's better to have them here and enjoy them and be sad for a little when they leave than to not get to enjoy them until I go home.
I took some pictures today. Brad took some too so if you're on Facebook, you'll have to look at his. Here's the link to mine. Scroll to the bottom to see them.
I get to sleep in tomorrow morning! Yay! :) New classes start this week.....not sure what's in store but I'll come back and let you know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The latter has always been one of my mottos -- better to have seen them and enjoyed then not. What a blessing to have Brad visit and how God provided for flights. What a special memory for both of you and something to treasure even in the future. I know you will enjoy Mark's visit too. The sadness will linger for alittle bit when he departs but oh the great JOY when you return to Charlotte :). We miss you but know you are right where you are suppose to be. Rindi
ReplyDelete