Monday, August 30, 2010

Last Post

I didn't comment on my last post partially because I was tired and partially because I wanted it to stand on it's own. My sermon yesterday was from Ephesians 3. Since I had just finished reading a book and needed to start a new one, I decided on Ephesians. So I just came across these verses in my normal reading. I loved how The Message reminds us that Christ is where we find ourselves and our purpose. 


The prayer Paul prayed also struck a chord with me..."to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do..." As I enter week 11, this is definitely something I need to pray for myself. It would be easy to feel burned out and lose focus. With the pressure of testing looming, I don't want to become preoccupied working on skills and lose sight of the fact that God has placed me here. I don't think the result of that is necessarily a guarantee of physical energy and strength but rather strength of character and emotional energy and renewal to keep on doing what He has called me to do. If the physical is granted, that would be a bonus! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment