Friday, June 25, 2010
Mentors
One of the things I'm most excited about is that I have two Deaf mentors! (The capital D on Deaf means they are part of the Deaf culture as opposed to not hearing which is little d deaf.) Each week I get to meet with each mentor separately for an hour. This first week was just introduction and discussion about Deaf culture and skills I'd like to improve. But from here on, I will submit a video of myself signing for them to review. We will then discuss it at our weekly meeting and talk about ways to I can improve. Then I get to sign it again trying to incorporate the ideas discussed and resubmit it. I'm so excited to have individual time with someone who is a native ASL user to give me feedback! I already met with one on Tuesday, and she was awesome! She was very comfortable to talk to. I'm meeting with the other tonight in a little bit and hopeful it will go just as well. Oh yeah....we don't meet in person but I get to use the video phone, which is a new thing for me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! That is incredible that they provide experienced mentors who can assist you by giving constructive feedback. I am so excited for you!
ReplyDelete